16 Aug Recipe: Beef & Pinot Pie
Enjoy a slice of this delicious looking Beef and Pinot pie with any glass of red, or even better, our Sacred Hill Reserve Marlborough Pinot Noir!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion – finely sliced
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 250g mushrooms – chopped up
- Flaky puff pastry
- 1 cup Pinot Noir
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion until clear.
- Add the mince and cook until brown
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and Pinot Noir and bring to the boil, reducing to a simmer once boiling, cooking for a further 10 minutes (or until the mixture has thickened).
- Line your pie dish with pastry and fill with the mince mixture
- Cover the mince mixture and close the pie off with pastry, pinching the sides together.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes (or until pastry is golden).