18 Jun Recipe: Cheese and garlic pull-apart bread
Now that the evenings are starting to cool down try out the cheese and garlic pull-apart bread with a glass of Sacred Hill Orange Label Pinot Noir – it should definitely warm you up!
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped finely/minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small loaf (sour dough or cob loaf etc.)
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt to season
- 120g mozzarella cheese (either chopped into small squares or shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 190°
- Combine the garlic cloves, parsley and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Heat the butter in a small frying pan and sauté the garlic mixture for 2 minutes, remove from heat.
- Using a serrated / bread knife, every 1 inch cut diagonally across the whole loaf. Repeating in the opposite direction also – ensuring you don’t cut the bread right the way through.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the garlic butter mixture through all the cuts
- Place the cheese throughout the cuts as well.
- Place the loaf on a sheet of tin foil, folding the sides up to the top. Also cover the top of the loaf with a separate piece of tin foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the top piece of tin foil and bake for another 10 minutes (or until the cheese has melted completely).