21 Sep Recipe: Penne pasta with mushroom, walnut and thyme
Enjoy this pasta dish with a glass of Sacred Hill Orange Label Marlborough Pinot Noir – easy, quick to make, and tastes delicious!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 250g brown mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 125g ricotta
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (shaved)
- 320g penne pasta
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Cook onion and mushrooms for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until mushrooms have softened.
- Add garlic, thyme, walnuts and balsamic vinegar to pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- While mushrooms are cooking bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook pasta as per pack instructions, until al dente.
- Drain pasta, add mushrooms mixture and toss gently.
- Divide between 4 pasta bowls and top with crumbled ricotta and parmesan shavings.